Centre for English and Foreign Languages
The Centre for English and Foreign Languages aspires in imparting Language training in a holistic atmosphere. The goals of CEFL are to promote effective teaching and learning of English /Foreign Languages and to practice professional communication skills.
OBJECTIVE: The sole aim of the Centre is to help the learner use the language with ease.
At CEFL we value:
- Care and consideration which allows everyone to flourish
- Fostering of respect for, and tolerance of, others and their differing cultures
- Creation of a trusting community where honesty and integrity are the standards
- Nurturing of high self-esteem and the confidence
- An atmosphere of enthusiasm and enjoyment in learning
- Development of skills for lifelong learning
- Desire to improve through reflective learning
- Determination to strive for success
- Pursuit to excellence
- Acknowledging Students’ efforts and achievements
What we do?
- Offer varied courses of different durations, intensities and levels in the Teaching English as a Second language (TESL) and in Teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) to select groups.
- Deliver instructions in English for all its students to meet their academic, communicative and professional needs (English for Academic, Occupational and Specific needs: EAP, EOP, ESP).
- Support a technology-based learning environment for teaching professional communication skills.
- Provide opportunities for its staff for continued professional development.
- Provide resources and expertise in Language education through seminars, conferences, workshops and consultancies.
- Aims to collaborate with other institutions to widen its horizons.
- Learner-centered instruction to encourage learner independence.
- Promotes language development strategies, Critical Thinking, Values and Attitudes that are conducive to effective, independent and lifelong learning.
The Centre for English and Foreign Languages (CEFL), housed in the impressive Heritage Building, has physical facilities that contribute to an atmosphere of conducive learning:
- Courteous and co-operative staff
- Resources for quality teaching and learning with high returns
- A well-stocked and expanding Library.
- A sophisticated language lab
- Smart Classrooms & Wi-Fi connection
- Clean, airy and safe premises which are not overcrowded, with adequate ventilation and lighting
- A certificate is awarded to the students attesting to their satisfactory completion of the course.