CENTRE FOR ENGLISH AND FOREIGN LANGUAGES- ENGLISH
Language is “the infinite use of finite means.” ‒ Wilhelm von Humboldt
English Language education should be imparted to every learner in the college campus. As a Key Learning Area, English Language Education seeks to develop learners’ English proficiency for study, work and leisure; provide them with opportunities for personal and intellectual growth, and widen their knowledge and understanding of other cultures through the English medium; and help them conquer the challenges of the fast changing and intensely competitive knowledge-based society. The Centre for English and Foreign Languages aspires in imparting Language training in a holistic atmosphere.
OBJECTIVE: The sole aim of the Centre is to help the learner use the language with ease.
- EFL( English as a Foreign Language) - Duration -36 weeks
- ESL (English as a Second language) - Duration -20 hours
- ESP (English for Specific Purpose) - Duration -20 hours
- EOP (English for other purposes) - Duration -10 hours
In addition DSCEFL offers Learning for Life – Continuing Educational Programmes in English
- Creative Writing
- English to Enhance Employability
- The minimum requirement for admission is higher secondary/senior secondary school certificate.
Methods and Approaches:
A lot of students learn several languages at a very young age. Language teaching involves various methods. Hence at CEFL, it is important for a teacher to apply relevant methods in classroom like:
The Direct Method:
- Speech enhancement through initiation drill and Vocabulary building.
The Bilingual Method:
- Use of mother tongue as well as Target language (English) in class
The Structural-Oral-Situational approach:
- Learning of the language with correct syntax through Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing (LSRW) skills.
- A certificate is awarded to the students attesting to their satisfactory completion of the course.