The Institute has constituted an advisory body which guides the functioning of the Central Library. The Committee is headed by the Dean as Chairman. Chief Librarian is the Member Secretary. Other members of the Committee include the Medical Director, Registrar Principal and Chief Finance Officer of the DSU. One student representatives from undergraduate. The Committee meets once in three months.
|1||Dean, CDSIMER||Committee Chairperson|
|2||Medical Director||Committee Member|
|3||Vice Principal||Committee Member|
|4||Chief Librarian||Committee Secretary|
|5||Student Representative||Committee Member|
Aims and Objectives:
- To strengthen the efforts of the librarian in planning library activities and policies.
- To take the feedback from the departments and plan for improvement and enrichment of the library.
- To act as a liaison between the library and the readers.
Committee Powers and Functions:
The library committee ensures that proper care is taken with regards to the following.
- Allocation of funds for books, journals and online e-resources in various subjects.
- Framing and suggesting amendments to library code of conduct.
- Assessment of the library services provided by the library, if necessary. Suggesting improvements in library services.