Dr. A. Srinivas
Professor & Dean, School of Engineering
- Doctor of Philisophy (Ph.D), Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), Madras
- Master of Engineering (M.E.,), P.S.G.College of Technology, Coimbatore, India
- Bachelor of Engineering(B.E.,),Electrical Engineering, Bangalore University
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education, Monash University, 2003
Section A: Academic Experience
- Dean, School of Engineering and Professor of Computer Science, Dayananda Sagar University, Bangalore: January 2017 - Present
- Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Prof. & Head of the ECE Dept (2011-13), Professor, June 2011
- Dean of Research and Consultancy, PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore: 2009 - 2017
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering, PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore, February 2007 – May 2011
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore, July 2005 – January 2007
- Professor and Head
- School of Computing and Information Technology, Monash University, Australia, 2002 - August 2005
- Wireless Communications
- Mobile Communications
- Computer Networks
- Data Structures
- Optical Networks
- Protocol Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Basic Electronics
- Computer Organization
- Research Methodology
- Adhoc and Sensor Networks
- Quality of Service in Communication Networks
- 4G/LTE Networks
- Machine Intelligence
- Healthcare Informatics
M.S/Ph.D Research Supervision :
- Co-Supervisor “Advance Reservation in Networks”, Ph.D, Monash University, Australia
- Co- Supervisor, “Technology Deployment Model for Rural Applications”, M.S(By Research), Monash University, Australia
- Co-Supervisor, “Hospital Workflow Management”, PESIT-Maastricht University(Netherlands) Collaboration (Ph.D)
- Supervisor, “Data Analytics in Healthcare”, Dayananda Sagar University, India (Ongoing)
Ph.D THESIS EXAMINER:
Examined FIVE Ph.D Thesis from Anna University, Tamil Nadu, India
- “PESIT- MIT Media Lab Design Innovation Workshop”, 21-25 January, 2013, PESIT Campus : Chief Coordinator from India
- 13 Researchers and Two professors stayed on campus for one full week and mentored 150 students specially selected by MIT from all over India (50 of them from IITs) from concept to prototype. A Open House to demonstrate prototypes attracted many researchers and industry professionals.
- “Internet of Things Camp” Sponsored by Intel, 7-11 July 2014, PESIT Campus
- “IOT Ideathon 2015”, Pre-Conference Event of the 28th International Conference on VLSI Design, 2-5 January, 2015.
- Intel's “CxC” Workshops on IOT, 3-5 July 2015.
Research Lab Coordination Leadership:
Microsoft Mobile Innovation Lab, PES University
Year long Activities since 2011:
- Regular projects for undergraduate students to bring in Research Culture
- Project-based Summer Internship for around 45 students
- #Code : The 24-Hour Hackathon for colleges of Karnataka
- INCITO: Ideation Camp for PES University Students
- CSR Activity: Conduction of Hands-on Workshops for Remotely located colleges
- Praveenkumar B A, Srinivas A, Devivaraprasad M, Amogh M, Anush S K, Swati N H, Suresh K, ROLE OF CLOUD BASED GIS MODEL IN MAPPING AND MANAGING DENTAL CARIES AMONG CHILDREN FROM A RURAL COMMUNITY, Asian Conference on Remote Sensing (ACRS), October 2017, New Delhi, India
- Praveenkumar B A, Srinivas A, Swati N H, Shravanya G, Devivaraprasad M, Anush S K, Amogh M, Suresh K, SPATIAL EPIDEMIOLOGY AND BAYESIAN ANALYSIS FOR IDENTIFYING DISEASE TRENDS AND DETERMINANTS AMONG CHILDREN IN A RURAL AREA OF SOUTH INDIA, ISPRS 2017, Hyderabad, India, 2017
- An Intelligent Batch Processing based Scheduling Technique for Dynamic Speed Control of Driverless Cars to minimize Congection at Traffic Junctions, IEEE TENSYMP 2017, Cochin, Inida, 2017
- Jyoti R Mumavalli, Shyam Vasudeva Rao, Aravind Srinivasan, A.Srinivas, Frits Van Merode, “The Optimization in Workflow Management: Opthalmology”, Journal of Health Management, Volume 18, Number 1, 2015.
- Jyoti R. Munavalli , Frits van Merode , Dr. Shyam Vasudeva Rao , Dr. A. Srinivas, “Healthcare of India: Today and Tomorrow”, International Journal of Innovative Research & Development, Vol.3, No.2, February 2014.
- Shrutika Joshi and A.Srinivas, “Power Aware Fault Tolerance in Wireless Networks with Heterogeneous Nodes”, International Symposium of Electronic Design (ISED-2014), National Institute of Technology, Karnataka (Surathkal), December 2014.
- B. A. Praveenkumar, K. Suresh, A. Nikhil, M. Rohan, B. S. Nikhila, C. K. Rohit, and Srinivas, “Geospatial Technology in Disease Mapping, E- Surveillance and Health Care for Rural Population in South India”, The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XL-8, 2014
- Shreelakshmi G.M, Kavya A. K. Alse, Ananthakrishna Thantri, Krupesha D and Srinivas A, “An Intelligent Inference Engine Using Ontology Based Clinical Pathways for Diagnosis and Management of Diabetes”, HEALTHINF 2014, France, 3-6 March 2014.
- Jyoti R.M, G.G van Merode, A.Srinivas, “Takt-Time Based Resource Optimization Model (TROM) to Minimize Patient Wait Time in a Hospital”, 25th European Conference on Operations Research(EURO XXV), Vilnius, July 2012
- Mukunda N S, Thrivikrama, Vinay Padmanabhi, Srinivas A, Ajay Gupta, “A Remote Patient Monitoring System in an Ad HOC Sensor Network Environment”, 5th International Conference on IT & Multimedia (ICIMU2011), Malaysia, Novermber 2011.
- Thrivikrama, Vikas G.A, A.Srinivas, “'A Novel Two-Stage Self Correcting GPS-Free Localization Algorithm for GSM mobiles”, ANTS 2011, Bangalore, India, December 2011.
- Priya, Shruthi Nadig, Saloni Maru, Srinivas.A, Nitish Shangari, Abhishek Biswas, Suresh Krishna Murthy, “Development of an Integrated Risk Assessment Platform for the management of Cardiovascular Diseases, Diabetes and Hypertension”, International Conference on Health Informatics(HEALTHINF 2011), Rome, Italy, January 2011.
- Suresh Krishnamurthy, A. Srinivas , Kalyani Rangarajanand Hanuman Kennedy, “E-delivery of Health Services and ICT : An Innovation in Mobile Technology for Detection and Management of Anemia Among School Children, Chitoor Dist, AP”, ICEG 2010, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore, April 2010.
- Vikas Ganjigunte Ashok, Ajay Gupta, Sandeep Shiva, Hersh Iyer, Darshan Gowda, Srinivas A, "A Novel Parking Solution for Metropolitan Parking Garages", WSEAS International conference, July 2010, Greece.
- G.A.Vikas, K.Padia, H.S.Iyer, V.R.Darshan, N.P.Ganesh Prasad, A.Srinivas, PESIT, Bangalore and H.Khan, A.Gupta, S.Olariu, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, US “A Dynamic GPS-free Localization Technique Using Progressive Interpolation”, ICCNMC 09, July 2009, Singapore
- G.A.Vikas, K.Padia, H.S.Iyer, V.R.Darshan, N.P.Ganesh Prasad, A.Srinivas, PESIT, Bangalore and H.Khan, A.Gupta, S.Olariu, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, USA, “A Localization Algorithm for a GPS-Free System with Static Parameter Tuning”, ICCNT 09, July 2009, Chennai, India
Section B: It Industry Research And Development Experience
- Nortel Networks Technology Centre, Wollongong, Australia, 2000 – 2002
- Development of Network Commissioning Manager for 2.5G Networks
- Dante Telecommunications Solutions, Sydney, Australia, 1999-2000
- Development of a Test Bed for Access Modules
- Philips Software Centre, Bangalore, India, 1997-99
- Design and Development of Digital Television Modules
- Test Bed for DTV
- Was a core member of the "Champion Coordinators' Team (CCT)" to define strategies at the company level"
- Centre for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Bangalore, 1992-95
- Design and Development of Control Law (CLAW) for the Indian Light Combat Aircraft (Thejas).
- Worked with Indian Airforce Pilots to validate the Control Law on the Real Time Flight Simulator at the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA).
- Tata Consulting Engineers, Bangalore, India, 1990-92
- Design and Development of a Load Dispatch Centre Training Simulator for Tata Steel, Jamshedpur.
- Nokia Technology Center, Bangalore, “4-Stage Academic & Research Program”,
- NRDMS, Dept of Science and Technology (DST), “Geospatial Governance and Information Communication Technology for Disease Mapping, E – Surveillance and Health Care among School Children in a Rural Area of South India”, 2015
- PESIT – Microsoft Mobile Innovation Lab, 2011
- VTU: ‘Ontologies in Clinical Pathways for Diabetes Management’, 2011-12
- Intel Technologies Pvt. Ltd: “Development of a Generic Sensor Platform for Rural Applications”, 2010
- Intel Technologies Pvt. Ltd: “Embedded Systems Curriculum Migration using ATOM Processor”, 2010
- Maastricht University (Netherlands)-PESIT Collaborative Ph.D, “ Hospital Workflow Management and Patient Tracking”, 2010-2016.
- Old Dominion University, USA, “Sensor Networks Related Activity”, 2007-2013
- SAP Labs(India), “Data Mining Techniques for Rural Health Management and Disease Prevention”, 2008-2009.