Faculty Name: Dr. BINCY RAJ Designation : Assistant Professor Experience in Years: 10.2 Years Area of Interest:
- Isolation & characterization of phytoconstituents
- Standardization of herbal drugs
Dr. Bincy Raj, Assistant professor pharmacognosy, she has total 10.5 years of experience in Teaching / Research and seven moth industrial quality assurance experience. She holds doctorate in Pharmaceutical Sciences from JNTUH, Hyderabad. She has total 15 international /National Publications to her credit and has presented papers at various national conferences.
- Participated in national workshop on developing quality monographs for pharmacopoeia for herbs and herbal products
- Participated in workshop for faculty and postgraduate pharmacy students in applications of SAS and other biostatisticalsoftwares in research
- Participated in RGUHS sponsored workshop on standardization of herbal drugs using analytical techniques
- Participated in two days’ workshop on basic course in education methodology conducted by RGUHS.
- Participated workshop on recent trend in research methodology & grand writing organized by department of pharmaceutics, KLE Bangalore.
- Participated in APTI 11th annual national convention 2006, held in NIMHANS convention centre
- Received Ist prize in poster presentation from Anna University Tiruchirappalli in the year 2008 for development and validation of HPTLC method for standardization of Ocimum sanctum extracts and formulations.
- Presented poster in international herbal conference on comparative HPTLC analysis of Oleanolic acid in Ocimum sanctum collected from different geographical sources in 2009
- Presented poster on Pharmacognostic and preliminary phytochemical screening of Ampelocissusindica include antioxidant activity in first international convention of Society of Pharmacognosy held at KLE University’s college of pharmacy, Belgaum on 18-20 Feb 2011
- Presented poster on Pharmacognostic and preliminary phytochemical screening of Cassythafiliformis include antioxidant activity at 3rd international conference held in PES on 19-20 Aug 2011.
- Presented poster on Pharmacognostic and preliminary phytochemical screening of Cassythafiliformis at IPC held at Bangalore on Dec 16-18, 2011.
- Presented poster on Wound healing activity of Cassythafiliformis at 12th international congress of ethnopharmacology during 17-19 Feb 2012.
- Bincy Raj, Salma Khanam and J.Josephine Leno Jenita. HPTLC Method for Estimation of Ursolic Acid in Ocimum sanctum Extract. Asian Journal of Chemistry.21(9),2009, 6999-7004
- John Soosamma, BabuRamesh ,Madhavi T, Bincy Raj.Pharmacognosy and phytochemical screening of Ctenolepisgracinii. International journal of pharmacy and life science 1(4),2010,226-230.
- Bincy Raj, Salma Khanam, Soosamma John, Madhavi T, Ayesha Siddique. Quantitative estimation of Rosmarinic acid in Ocimum sanctum extract and polyherbal formulations by HPTLC. Research Journal of pharmacognosy and phytochemistry, 2010, 2(1) 46-48
- Soosamma John, Madhavi T., Bincy Raj, JincyShaji, Vinutha.Phytochemistry and pharmacology of important Indian medicinal plant Crataevanurvala.Research journal of pharmacognosy and phytochemistry. 2010,2(4) 275-279
- Premakumari KB, Ayesha Siddiqua, Shanaz Banu, Josephine Leno Jenita and Bincy Raj. Comparative anti-microbial studies of methanolic extract of Muntingiacalabura, Bacillus albaand Bacillus rubra leaves. Research Journal ofPharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2010;2(3):246-48.
- Bincy Raj, Jagadeesh Singh S.D., Soosamma John and AyeshaSiddiqua. Pharmacognosy and phytochemical screening of Cassythafiliformis.Research journal of pharmacognosy and phytochemistry. 2011,3(4),151-153.
- Madhavi T., Soosamma John, Bincy Raj, G.H.Urmilla. Isolation of Tiliroside from Tribulusterrestris. Research journal of pharmacognosy and phytochemistry, 2011, 3(6) 281-285
- Soosamma John, Madhavi T, Bincy RajFree radical scavenging properties of isolated constituents of Crataevanurvala .Indian journal of natural product, 2011, 27(2), 11-13.
- Madhavi T, Soosammajohn, Khambhoja S, Bincy Raj, Amit Kumar. A phytochemical review on Tribulusterrestris Linn.Research journal of pharmacology and pharmacodynamics, 3, 5, 2011.
- J.Josephine Leno Jenita*, Vijaya K, Suma R, Bincy Raj, Ayesha Siddiqca. Formulation & evaluation of compression coated tablets of mesalazine for colon delivery, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Technology research, 2010; 2(1): 535-541.
- Bincy Raj, Jagadeeshsingh S.D, Madhavi T, Soosamma John, Habeelajainab.Study of antiulcer activity of Cassythafiliformis in rats. Contemporary investigations and observations in pharmacy (CIOP) 2: 2013; 103-107
- BincyRaj, S.D.Jagadeesh Singh, Vimal John Samual, Soosamma John,Ayesha Siddiqua.Hepatoprotective and antioxidant activity of Cassythafiliformis against CCl4 induced hepatic damage in rats. Journal of pharmacy research 2013, 7,15-19.
- N. HabeelaJainab, P. Sivachidambaram, J. Yuvaraju, K. JesinthaBeyatricks, Bincy Raj. Microwave Mediated Synthesis, Characterisation and Biological activity of Certain New Mannich Bases of Isatin and Coumarin.Asian journal of Research in chemistry. 2014;7(2) 176-181.