Dr. Shanaz Banu started her teaching career in 2002 as a Lecturer at Dr.H.L.T College of Pharmacy, Channapatna. She was appointed as a Lecturer, Dayananda Sagar College of Pharmacy, Bengaluru in Feb-2003 and later got promoted to Asst. Professor in 2008. She is awarded Ph.D in Pharmaceutical sciences on Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry from JNTUA, Anantapuramu, A.P. in 2015. She is a recognized guide in RGUHS. She has published many research papers in various national and international journals and presented papers at various national and international conferences. She has received research grants from RGUHS. Her areas of research include pharmacognosy, phytochemistry, standardization of herbals including formulations.
International/National Journal Publications
- J.Josephine Leno Jenita, Shanaz Banu, Manjula D and Suparna K.S. Development, Evaluation and Targeting of Stavudine loaded serum albumin polymer based nanocarriers to HIV reservoirs will be published in Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2019; 12(5): 363-70.
- P. Sivakami sundari, Shanaz Banu, Vimal john Samuel and Dhanashree N. Phenolic content and anti-diarrhoeal activity of hydro-alcoholic Gauzuma ulmifolia Lam. seed extract. International Journal of Pharma and Biosciences. 2019; 10(2): 1-5.
- J.Josephine Leno Jenita, Manula D, Shanaz Banu, Zahid Siddiq M.A and B.Wilson. Investigation of Naproxen compression coated tablet using polysaccharide as carriers for oral based site specific delivery to colon. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2018; 7(6): 1283-97.
- Manjula D, J.Josephine Leno Jenita, Premakumari K.B and Shanaz Banu. Formulation and evaluation of flaxseed hair gel: a natural hair tamer. International Journal of Research In Pharmacy and Chemistry(IJRPC) 2018, 8(3), 487-491.
- Sivakami Sundari, Shanaz Banu, Murugan V and Dhanashree N. GC MS/MS analysis of Bioactive compounds in alcoholic seed extract of Gauzuma ulmifolia Lam. Pharmacogn J. 2018; 10(1): 194-197.
- Premakumari K. B., Sandhyavali M. S., Murugan V. and Shanaz Banu. Chemometrics assisted simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of alogliptin and metformin in pharmaceutical dosage form. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2018; 7( 7): 1269-1279.
- Shanaz Banu, Ashoka Babu V.L, Josephine Leno Jenita, Premakumari KB and Manjula D. Preliminary Phytochemical Screening and Evaluation of AntiInflammatory Activity of Methanolic Extract of Barleria cristata Linn. Roots in Experimental Animals. Der Pharma Chemica. 2017;9(2):13-16.
- Shanaz Banu,Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN, AshokaBabu VL. Isolation and Characterization of phytoconstituents from Barleria montana Nees. (Acanthaceae) leaves. Pharmacophore. 2014; 5(2): 301-306.
- Shanaz Banu,Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN, AshokaBabu VL, Vimal Kumar. Hepatoprotective activity of methanolic extract of Barleria montana leaves in ethanol treated rats. Asian Pacific journal of Tropical Disease. 2012; S748-752.
- Shanaz Banu,Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN, AshokaBabu VL, Vimal Kumar. Antidiabetic effect of two species of Barleria in Streptozotocin induced Type-II diabetic rats. International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2012; 3(10): 185-188.
- Shanaz Banu,Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN, Josephine Leno J, Ayesha Siddiqua. Pharmacognostic Studies of Barleria montana Dun. Leaves. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2012; 1(3): 332-339.
- AshokaBabu VL, Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN,Madhavan V, Shanaz Banu. Hepatoprotective activity of methanolic extract of Ecboliumviride (Forssk) roots against Carbon tetra chloride induced hepatotoxicity. International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2012; 3(8): 251-253.
- AshokaBabu VL,Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN, Madhavan V, Shanaz Banu.Hepatoprotective activity of methanolic extract of RhycosiaBeddomeiBaker leaves against carbon tetrachloride induced hepatotoxicity. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2012; 2(8): 146-149.
- Shanaz Banu,Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN, AshokaBabu VL, Premakumari KB. Estimation of total phenolic content and in vitro antioxidant activity of Barleria montana. Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2011; 3 (4): 178-182.
- AshokaBabu VL, Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN, Madhavan V, Shanaz Banu. Free radicals scavenging activities of methanolicetract of ecboliumviride (forssk) Alston roots. Der pharacialettae 2011; 3(4): 285-288.
- Josephine LJ, Mehul RT, Wilson B, Shanaz Banu,Bincy Raj. Formula & characterization of Retonovir loaded polymethaacrylita microspheres for oral delivery. Jr. of Pharmacy research 2011; 4(7): 2159-2161.
- Premakumari KB, Ayesha Siddiqua, Shanaz Banu, Josephine Leno Jenita, Bincy Raj. A comparative anti-microbial studies of methanolic extract of Muntingiacalabura, Bacillus alba and Bacillus rubraleaves. Research J. Pharmacognosy&Phytochemistry. 2010; 2(3): 246-248.
- Shanaz Banu,Shashidara S, Ashokababu VL, R.Dhanapal. Isolation of Withaferin A from Withaniasomnifera leaves and its antibacterial activity. Asian J. of Chemistry. 2006; 18(2): 1243-1247.
- Ashokababu VL, Shanaz Banu, Dhanapal R, VrushabendraSwamy BM, Kumar GS, Sridhar Chandanam. Free radical scavenging activity of betalin of Beta vulgaris. Asian J.of Chemistry. 2006; 18(4): 3221-3223.
Publications in conference proceedings (National and International)
- Shanaz Banu. Pharmacognostical studies and isolation of an alkaloid from Barleria cristata Linn. Roots. 3rd International Conference on Academic and Industrial Innovations held in 22-23rd Oct 2018 at Kala Academy, Panjim, Goa, India.
- Shanaz Banu. Analgesic activity studies on the root of Ecbolium viride (Forssk) Alston. 8th Asian Association of Schools of Pharmacy held during 27-29th Oct 2017 at J.S.S University, Mysuru, India.
- Shanaz Banu,Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN. Isolation and Characterization of Phytoconstituents from Barleria montana Nees. (Acanthaceae) Leaves. 1st International Conference held in June 2013 (28-30th June) at JNTUA, Ananthapuramu, A.P, India.
- Shanaz Banu,Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN. Preliminary phytochemical screening and pharmacognostic studies of Barleria cristata Linn. roots. International conference on Convergence of Science, Engineering and Management in Education and Research – A Global Perspective held in September 2013 (26-27th September) at DSI, Bangalore, India
- Shanaz Banu,Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN. Hepatoprotective activity of Barleria montana Nees. leaves in ethanol treated rats. 4th International conference held in July 2012 (20– 21st July) at PESCP, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- Shanaz Banu,Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN. Estimation of Total Phenolic content and in vitro Antioxidant activity of Barleria montana. 62nd IPC held in Dec 2010 (17-19th Dec) at College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka, India.
- Shanaz Banu,AshokaBabu VL. Effect of various basal media on growth rate and betalaine content in hairy root cultures of “Beta vulgaris”. 23rd IPGA Annual conference held in Nov 2006 ( 4- 5th Nov) at Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.