Dr. Sharmila J
Professor & Pricipal
Department of Psychiatric Nursing
Dr.Sharmila.J started her teaching career in 1999 as a Lecturer in Omayal Achi College of Nursing, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. She holds Ph.D. in Mental Health Nursing from Saveetha University, Chennai, Tamilnadu since 2016. She has appointed as a Principal, College of Nursing Sciences, Dayananda Sagar University, Bengaluru in October 2018. She is supervising several post graduates and Ph.D scholars. She has done certification programmes in Principles of Unani system of medicines, Basic counseling skills, and Cognitive Behavior Therapy Training skills. She has presented papers at various International/National Conferences. She has International/National Publications to her credit and conducted National level conferences/workshops/seminars. She is a PG Examiner in RGUHS, Bengaluru,Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR University, KLE University, and NTR University. She acts as an External member for the Doctoral committee at NIMHANS, Bengaluru. She is a life member of TNAI and ISPN.
BEST WISHES !
Read MorePaper Presented :
- Presented paper on Critical thinking in Regional conference on Critical thinking conducted by Padmashree College of Nursing (18-Jul 2008).
- Regional conference on management of clients of neurological disorders and rehabilitation (25-march 2009).
- Presented the Research paper on Psychosocial problems on Old Age on International Society of Psychiatric Nurses conference at Saveetha College of Nursing, Chennai.
- Presented Scientific Paper on –Critical Thinking – An Essence of Professional Excellence, Padmashree College of Nursing, Bangalore (18th July 2008).
- Research Paper on Effectiveness of selected Nursing strategies on psychological and physiological and physiological parameters among diabetic clients at International conference on “Transforming Nursing Practical through Research” organized by International Centre for Collaborative Research (ICCR) Omayal College of Nursing, Chennai (January 2014).
- Presented paper on mental health nursing & overview National Conference on mental Health concepts for Nurse conducted by International center for Collaborative Research, Omayal Achi College of Nursing in collaboration with Schizophrenia Research Foundation (October 2014).
- Paper on stress among women in state level conference on Celebrating women’s health organized by Apollo Hospital, Chennai (March 2015).
- Research paper on Assessment of psychosocial problems of prison inmates in Nightingale Nursing Time (Volume 6, Number 11, Feb.2011) ISSN 0975 2188 2.
- Research Paper on Effectiveness of /selected Nursing Strategies on Physiological and Psychological parameters among diabetic clients at selected diabetic centers, Bangalore published in International Journal of Multidisciplinary Educational Research (IJMER) volume4, Issue 2(5), Feb.2015 Impact factor:2.972 ISSN:2277-7881.
- Research paper on Effectiveness of nursing strategies on physiological and psychological parameters among type II diabetics at selected hospital, Bangalore. (http.//ijcn.mainspringer.com/vol2/2-8/cn20803.html/August 2015)
Workshop / Conference Participated:
- Research conducted on “Prevalence of psychosocial problems among senior citizens in a selected rural community”.
- Research Guide for PG students since 2007 at Padmashree College of Nursing.
- Effectiveness of /selected Nursing strategies on Physiological and Psychological parameters among diabetic clients at selected diabetic centers, a mixed method approach, Bangalore.
- Clinical Evaluation of the learners (Dec 2000)
- International AIDS Conference organized by Dr. M.G.R Medical University, (1st Dec2001 to 5th Dec 2001)
- International conference on Unani system of Medicine (October 2000).
- TNAI Biennial conference (August 2003).
- Workshop on Basic counseling skills, at Omayal Achi college of Nursing, Chennai.
- Workshop on “Research Methodology” at Dr.M.G.R Medial University, Chennai.
- Workshop on “Extended and Expanded Role of Nurses” conducted by Saveetha College of Nursing, Chennai.
- I International Conference on Adolescent mental Health – Issues and Poblems, ISPN, NIMHANS, Bangalore (7-9 Feb.2005).
- CNE in Continuous quality improvement in Nursing practice conducted by Omayal Achi College of Nursing (25-26 July 2006).
- State level conference on Issues, challenges and competencies in Nursing conducted by RGUHS (18-19 Jan.2008).
- National conference on Theory Application in Nursing Practice conducted by M.S.Ramiah Institute of Nursing Education and Research (16-17 Feb.2008).
- Workshop on Research Designs and its Statistics conducted by Padmashree Institute of Physiotherapy (17 Aug. 2008).
- II International Conference on Human Rights in Mental Health Nursing Practice, ISPN, NIMHANS, Bangalore. (10-12 Oct.2009).
- State level conference on UNTIE the ties of Nursing profession conducted by Padmashree college of Nursing (27 March 2010).
- State Level conference Application theory based conceptual models in Clinical Nursing Research conducted by Padmashree College of nursing (8 Jan 2011).
- National conference on Technological Innovation in Nursing conducted by Padmashree College of Nursing (12 Jan 2013).
- International Conference on Somatoform disorders in mental Health Nursing perspective conducted by ISPN, Westfort College of Nursing (25-27 March 2013).
- Best research paper presentation in Internal Conference on Transferring Nursing Practice through research organized by International Conference for Collaborative Research (ICCR) Omayal Achi, College of Nursing.
- Life time achievement for receiving Doctorate of Philosophy in Nursing awarded by ICCR and OACN.
- Member of TNAI, ISPN.
- Member of Doctoral Committee and NIMHANS.
- Member of Recruitment Nursing board at Institute of Unani medicine
- Member of Recruitment board in selection of Nursing , staff for SBOA school