Each course will be assessed for 100% weight out of which 60% weight is for Continuous Assessment and 40% weight for Semester End Examination.
The 60% weight under continuous assessment is distributed as 20% weight for Internal test 1 normally conducted during 5th week of the semester, 15 % weight for the CBT (Choice Based Test) normally conducted during the 10th week of the semester and 25% weight is for Assignment/Project Based Learning/Simulation Based Problem Solving/ Surveying and Data Analysis/ Open Book Examination or any such activity or combination of such activities which enhances original thinking of students. The activity to be undertaken by the students will be specified in the course document based on the nature of the course and instructor’s judgment. Students are required to submit the material for assessment in the form and format as specified by the Instructor within the prescribed date, failing which will call for punitive action against late submissions as per the notifications of the University/School/Department.
The dates for conducting Internal Test-1, CBT and dates of submission of assignments will be announced in the academic calendar.
If an academic department would like to administer additional tests for absentees or to improve the performance of the students, they can do so at the department level under the supervision of the Chairman of the department with approvals from the Dean of the School.
Each test will be conducted for 50 marks for a duration of 2 hours and the marks awarded be scaled down to 20% weight
CBT will be conducted for 30 marks for a duration of 1 hour and the marks awarded be scaled down to 15% weight
For audit courses there will not be any internal examinations, a final examination for 50 marks will be conducted for a period of 2 hours.
There are few courses which will have theory and laboratory content. For the laboratory content 20% weight can be assigned and the remaining 80% weight is for theory
The Semester End Examination will be conducted for 100 marks for a duration of 3 hours and marks awarded will be scaled down to 40% weight
The question papers set for tests and examination will adhere outcome-based education requirement, however, the pattern of question paper to be set need to be decided-particulars like number of questions, marks for each questions, choices if any etc.
The student performance in the practical courses (laboratory, workshops, and any such) will be assessed with a 60% weight for continuous evaluation based on each practical exercise performed and Semester End Test and other 40% weight for Semester End Examination.
Seminars, Internships and Project work will be assessed at different stages against department/Dean approved rubrics
For any group work such as project work in UG Program, number of students per group and the assessment of the members of the group will be separately notified. The components may include presentation by the students, demonstration, report submission and viva voce.
Such of the students who would like to earn a few credits not exceeding the credits specified in the program document for online courses /MOOCs need to submit course completion certificate with the grades awarded. The number of credits to be awarded for such courses will be decided by the department chairman and his/her faculty team based on effort involved in completion of the course. In case the online course provider is not assessing the student, department will make necessary arrangement for assessment of the course undergone and award of credits.
Student will have an opportunity to access their evaluated answer scripts of tests and assignments and can report any discrepancies to the concerned course instructor/Chairman or Dean.
A student is required to score a minimum of 40% in continuous evaluation as well as in the semester end examination and overall there should be 40% for a pass in each course registered. Students will be awarded letter grades as per university policy and the transcripts issued will have SGPA (Semester Grade Point Average) and CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average)
At the end of each semester, Course Assessment Board (CAB) and Program Assessment Board (PAB) will be held before announcing the examination results of students as an exercise to analyze examination results as well as to ensure uniformity of distribution of grades across courses in a program as well uniformity of distribution of grades across programs. The procedure of conducting CAB and PAB is as described in the university academic regulations.
Certain courses may require a pass in the final examination and such courses will be notified by the concerned Department Chairman/Dean