About the Department
The Department of Computer Science & Technology has a unique structure to respond to the vibrant progress in Information to Intelligence Technology. The Department focuses on theoretical and application development to equip students, to acquire skills and competencies, to envision products and make them a reality. It includes Computer science applications framework and entrepreneurship. The philosophy to integrate business and Computing Skills equips one to become the driving force in creating innovative applications of Technology. Students are encouraged to acquire a deeper understanding of hardware, software, networks, databases and other elements through experimentation and practical work in small groups. Students acquire competencies in critical thinking, problem exploration, and problem solving with a focus on ‘Project based learning’. The Department consists of well qualified professionals with extensive experience and specialization in different subjects.
Computer Science & Technology (CST) programme teaches its students skills in two areas
- Software Automation Tools
- Deployable Intelligent Applications
- Computing frameworks in which software providing generic functionality can be selectively changed by adding additional user-written code
- Shortening software development life cycle without compromising on speed, quality, and reliability of the software deployment process
- Working collaboratively in small teams with the enterprise community to deliver intelligent applications that will run and scale efficiently
- It emphasizes on adoption of programmable software development, workflow automation, container orchestrators to monitor software, continuous integration to deliver (CI/CD) pipelines and infrastructure deployment.
- Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship: Acquiring the skills and confidence to solve both day-to-day and larger strategic challenges with an entrepreneurial and innovation-minded approach
The goal of CST programme is to train qualified individuals who will
- Create intelligent systems
- Develop and administer websites and networks
- Enhance existing software
- Establish startups/ventures
- Unique structure
CST = CSE (~48%)
+ Technology Frameworks (~30%)
+ Entrepreneurship (~22%)
- The philosophy to integrate business and Computing Skills equips one to become the driving force in creating, innovative applications of Technology.
- Competencies in critical thinking, problem exploration, and problem solving with a focus on hands-on ‘Project based learning’ to aquire innovative intrapreneurial/technology entrepreneurial skills.
- The curriculum equips (Industry driven and flexible)students to deliver new ideas quickly by focusing on Working collaboratively in small teams with the enterprise community to deliver intelligent applications that will run and scale efficiently.
- Improvised curriculum to provide dual path & NEP-2020
- Eminent faculty with a rich mix of Academic and Industry exposure.
- Programme is best suited for placement offer (or) pursue higher education and setup a start-up.
- Fostering Entrepreneurship with AIC-DSU incubation centre and DERBI.
CST Career Progression
With an inclusion of Summer Internships, students get practical exposure to professional work environment. Students have an opportunity to take up the Internship Program in reputed industry/academic institute/R&D/Government organizations. The department has MoU with top companies to benefit students to carry out research projects and internship.
Students carry out mini projects in many courses across the semesters to strengthen the understanding of fundamentals through practical application of theoretical concepts. Minor projects are included in the curriculum for the overall development of students that shape them for a better future.
There is the Major project to carry out, in the final year to enhance the technical caliber of students. Projects related to societal, cutting edge and research areas are currently being pursued by our students. The students are also encouraged to carryout projects in industries/reputed organizations.
Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship this stream is for you if -
- You are good at introducing new ideas, inspiring creativity, leading & motivating those around you
- You take proactive steps to improve your work and meet targets to produce great results You are technology savvy, dynamic and take unexplored technological paths
- You are passionate about your work and explore challenges
- You prefer a personalized learning path with courses tailored to envision products and make them a reality
Pass in PUC / 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Electronics / Technical Vocational subjects and obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST & OBC category) in the above subjects taken together, of any Board recognized by the respective State Governments / Central Government / Union Territories or any other qualification recognized as equivalent there to.
CST Dept.’s curriculum is tailored such that you get hands-on project-based learning exposure to innovative intrapreneurial/technology entrepreneurial skills during your four years journey at DSU.
Due to the unique program structure, CST graduates will be prepared to address the complexities of real-world technology issues, and to adapt to future developments in this fast-paced and dynamic world. As a result, CST
Programme is best suited for you if you want to graduate with a placement offer (or) pursue higher education and setup a start-up.
|V||Virtual Reality & Game-Theoretic Simulation||Creative Coding||Cloud Security Services|
|VI||Data Driven Decision Making||Human Computer Interaction||Blockchain & Cryptocurrency|
|VII||Big Data Analytics & Deep Learning||Augmented & Mixed Reality||Edge Computing with IoT|
|VIII||Artificial Intelligence as a Service||Quantum Cryptography||Industrial Internet of Things|
|Potential Job Roles||Data Analyst/Engineer, Data Scientist, Data Architect, Business Analyst||UX Design Architect, Digital Experience Manager, Game Designer, Enterprise Design Strategist||Security Architect, Forensic Computer Analyst, Blockchain Developer/Engineer, Cloud Security Architect, IoT Developer, IoT Architect, Industrial Engineer, Embedded Programs Engineer|
|Potential Higher Education Area(s)||Data Science/Artificial Intelligence/Management Information Systems||User Experience Design/Virtual & Augmented Reality/Game Design & Development||Cyber Security/Blockchain Technology/ Internet of Things|