The Department of Mathematics, takes pride in serving our students with high quality courses in Applicable Mathematics for the various engineering and computer applications programs.
We take teaching very seriously. You will find faculty members with doctoral degrees from reputed institutes in India and abroad, working meticulously to pass on the knowledge that they have accumulated to our students. We have integrated the active learning paradigm into our Teaching Learning process, empowering students to become thinkers who can figure things out for themselves.
We currently have faculty members with expertise in Probability, Random Matrices, Functional Analysis, Compressed Sensing, Randomized algorithms, Queuing Theory and Complex Analysis. Our current explorations are into the application of Compressed Sensing in Magnetic Resonance Imaging. We have an active collaboration with the Department of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. We are working with industry partners on development projects and consultancy. We hope to grow into a center of excellence in Applied Mathematics in the next few years.
To build a department with Applied Mathematics, fostering interdisciplinary learning and research, which can serve the students of DSU and the citizens of the world, with rigorous standards in academics, creating a new benchmark among universities in India.
- Offer innovative courses in mathematics with curriculum that are of the highest standards.
- Integrate experiential, collaborative and active learning techniques in our courses, thereby enabling students to become proficient learners.
- Create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and openness in our classroom, respecting intellectual diversity and provide academic freedom to faculty in pursuit of original research ideas in their chosen areas of interest.
- Collaborate with institutes of repute on various interdisciplinary projects.
- Recruit and train faculty members from reputed universities, with strong research potential and track record, to be excellent teachers and researchers.
- Serve as a nodal center for exchange of ideas by hosting conferences, seminars and workshops with researchers of repute from India and abroad.
- Assist the university on its mission by deputing members of the faculty on various academic and non academic committees.