B. TECH. MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO'S)
Graduates in Mechanical engineering will be able to:
- Design, manufacture and evaluate mechanical components & systems using conventional and modern IT tools.
- Apply the knowledge of Mechanical engineering to solve pivotal problems of technological relevance and to assess its social impact.
- Work effectively in core mechanical and/or multi-disciplinary projects.
- Develop skills to adapt to the latest technological advances and to gain knowledge /skills through higher education and research.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO'S)
After undergoing this programme, a student will have:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and Engineering fundamentals to solve complex problems in mechanical engineering.
- Ability to analyse mechanical engineering problems, interpret data and arrive at meaningful conclusions involving mathematical inferences.
- Ability to design an mechanical engineering system, component, or process to meet desired needs considering public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Ability to understand and solve complex mechanical engineering problems by conducting experimental investigations.
- Ability to apply appropriate tools and techniques and understand utilization of resources appropriately to complex mechanical engineering activities.
- Ability to understand the effect of engineering solutions on legal, cultural, social and public health and safety aspects.
- Ability to develop sustainable solutions and understand their effect on society and environment.
- Ability to apply ethical principles to engineering practices and professional responsibilities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, to plan and to integrate knowledge of various engineering disciplines and to lead teams in multidisciplinary settings.
- Ability to make effective oral presentations and communicate technical ideas to abroad audience using written and oral means.
- Ability to lead and manage multidisciplinary teams by applying engineering and management principles.
- Ability to adapt to the changes and advancements in technology and engage in independent and life-long learning.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO'S)
After successful completion of Mechanical Engineering program, the graduates will be able to:
- Develop and implement new ideas on product design and development with the help of modern computer aided tools, while ensuring best manufacturing practices.
- Apply engineering knowledge and design & analysis tools to solve problems in the domains of structural, thermal and fluid mechanics.
- Develop Composite Materials, Manufacturing processes and products in an efficient, safe and cost effective manner.