Research & Consultancy
Sl. No Name of the Student with USN Guide Co-Guide Title of the Work Status 1 Mrs. Kavya HM(ENG16PPME01) Dr. Saravana Bavan D Dr. B.Yogesha, MCE-Hassan Experimental Investigation on Extrusion Behaviour ofCarbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer Matrix Composites Course work completed 2 Mr. Abhilash O(ENGl6PPMEO4) Dr.Vinayak B Hemadri Dr. Mritynajayaswamy K M, DSU Production of biodiesel, performance analysis and emission testing for C I Engine application Course work completed 3 Mr. Anil M D(ENGl6PPMEO5) Dr. Vinayak BHemadri Dr. Mrityunjayaswamy K M, DSU Study of Water in diesel emulsification on performance and emission. Course work completed 4 Mr. Harisha S(ENG16PPME06) Dr. Saravana Bavan D Dr. Sreenivasa Rao Amaraneni, DSU Mechanical properties and Finite element analysis work on the 3-D printed biopolymers for tissue engineering applications Course work completed 5 Mr. Hareesha M(ENG17PPME01) Dr. Saravana Bavan D Dr. B.Yogesha, MCE-Hassan A Study on Mechanical , Thermal and Electrical Properties on Graphene Nanoplatelets Reinforced Epoxy Polymers for Composite Applications Course work completed 6 Ms. Kotaru Sudha Deepthi(ENG17PPME02) Dr.M.S.Rajagopal Dr. Balamurugan, NAL, Bangalore Investigation on aerospace hydraulic systems Course work completed 7 Mrs. Ranjitha.P(ENG17PPME03) Dr. Rammohan B Dr. B.S. Ajay Kumar, KSIT, Bangalore Study on performance characteristics of deep cryo treated AlSiCB4C composites during machining process Course work completed 8 Mr. Yogesh B (ENG17PPME04) Dr. Mrityunjayaswamy K M Dr. Vinayak B. Hemadri, DSU Performance Analysis of Bio Gasifier Course work Completed 9 Mr. Naveen Kumar(ENG18PPME01) Dr.M.S.Rajagopal Dr. C. Ranganayaklu, ADA Development of colburn factor J and fanning friction factor correlations for louvered fin compact heat exchanger Course work Completed 10 Mr. Madhu G (ENG18PPME02) Dr. Mrityunjayaswamy K M Dr. B.S.Ajaykumar, KSIT, Bangalore HVOF Thermal Spray Coatings for Boiler Tube Material to Improve Resistance to Oxidation and Hot Corrosion Course work Completed 11 Mr. Shashi Kanth Kumar (ENG18PPME03) Dr. Viswanathan R Dr. Nand Kishore Singh, DSU Enhancement in transverse strength of GFRP rebar and its interfacial bond with concrete Course work partially completed 12 Mr. Mahesh Kumar (ENG19PPME01) Dr. Viswanathan R Dr. Kamalbabu P, DSU Optimization studies and validation of stacking sequence and orientation of hybrid laminates Course work pending 13 Mr. Waseem Ahamed (ENG19PPME04) Dr. Rahul Kumar Dr. Viswanathan R, DSU Particle reinforced biopolymer composites Course work Completed 14 Mr. Sangameshwar Patil (ENG19PPME03) Dr. Kamalbabu P. Dr Viswanathan R, DSU Composites for bio-medical applications Course work Completed
- H. V. Divya, H. M. Kavya, D. Saravana Bavan and B. Yogesha, Evaluation of Mechanical Properties of Wood Particles Reinforced Polymer Composites, Manufacturing Science and Technology 5(2): 17-21, 2018.
- Koushik K, Nataraj JR, Krishna M and Karthik SB, Investigation on Weldability behaviour of Chromium-free Nickel Filler with Stainless Steel AISI-304, Research & Reviews: Journal of Material Sciences, 2018.
- Venkatesha. B. K, R. Saravanan & D. Saravana Bavan, Mechanical Properties Of Woven Bamboo/E-Glass Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Hybrid Composites, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, 57-66, 2018.
- Lakshminarasimha N and M S Rajagopal, CFD Analysis of Electronic Cabinet with High power devices and Fin heat sink, Journal of Engineering Research and Application, 2018.
- Kamalbabu Periasamy, and G. C. Mohan Kumar, TGA/DSC studies of marine coral reinforced polymer composites, AIP Conference Proceedings, 2019.
- B.M. Krishne Gowda, M.S. Rajagopal, Aswatha, K.N. Seetharamu, Heat transfer in a side heated trapezoidal cavity with openings, Engineering Science and Technology, an International Journal 22, 153–167, 2019.
- Vijay Tambrallimath, Keshavamurthy. R & Saravanabavan. D. Thermal Conductivity of Copper Filled Polymer Composites Synthesized by FDM Process, International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, 2249-6890, 2019.
- Vijay Tambrallimath, R. Keshavamurthy, Saravanabavan D, Praveennath G. Koppad, G.S. Pradeep Kumar, Thermal behavior of PC-ABS based graphene filled polymer nanocomposite synthesized by FDM process, Composites Communications 15, 129–134, 2019.
- Rahul Kumar and Sumit Bhowmik, Quantitative probing of static and dynamic mechanical properties of different bio filler reinforced epoxy composite under assorted constraints, Polymer Bulletin, 1-22, 2020.
- Kailash Jha and Manish Kumar Mishra, Object-oriented integrated algorithms for efficient water pipe network by modified Hardy Cross technique, Journal of Computational Design and Engineering, 7(1), 56–64, 2020.
- Logendran, D., VC Sathish Gandhi, R. Kumaravelan, and S. Manoj. "Analysis of Elastic and Elasto-Plastic Behaviour of A588 Structural Steel Beam." International Journal of Mechanics and Design 6 (2), 1-16, 2020.
- Shetty, Harshavardhan, D. Sethuram, B. Rammohan, and P. R. Budarapu. "Low-velocity impact studies on GFRP and hybrid composite structures." International Journal of Advances in Engineering Sciences and Applied Mathematics 12, (3), 125-141, 2020.
- Idury, KSN Satish, Pratyank Rastogi, R. L. Narayan, Nandkishore Singh, K. R. Ravi, B. S. Murty, and Jatin Bhatt. "Room temperature dynamic indentation response of partially crystallized Zr–Cu metallic glass." Journal of Alloys and Compounds 834, 155161, 2020.
- Revanna, Thippeswamy G., and Subrahmanya S. Katte. "Effects of axial conduction and internal radiation on thermodynamic optimization of a tubular space radiator." Thermal Science and Engineering Progress 22, 100834, 2021.
- Hemadri, Vinayak B., and P. M. V. Subbarao. "Thermal integration of reheated organic Rankine cycle (RH-ORC) with gas turbine exhaust for maximum power recovery." Thermal Science and Engineering Progress 23, 100876, 2021.
- Rahul Kumar, Sumit Bhowmik and Rahul Jayasval, Influence of drilling parameters on the thrust force and mechanical properties of biodegradable particleboard composite panels, In: Kaushik Kumar, J. Paulo Davim (Eds) Biodegradable Composites: Materials, Manufacturing and Engineering,10, 167, Springer Publications, 2019.
- Suresh H.N., Madhusudan N., Saravana bavan D., and Murgayya S.B. A Study on Reliability of Rotors Using XLrotor. In: Karanki D., Vinod G., Ajit S. (eds) Advances in RAMS Engineering. Springer Series in Reliability Engineering. Springer Nature Publication, 2020.
- H.N.Suresh, Madhusudan N, Saravana bavan D and Murgayya SB, Analysis of Jeffcott Rotor & Rotor with Disk using XLRotor, In: Kapur, P.K., Singh, O., Khatri, S.K., Verma, A.K. (Eds.) Title Series “Assets Analytics- Performance and Safety Management” Book Series “Strategic System Assurance and Business Analytics”, Springer Nature Publication, 2020.
- Rahul Kumar, Gaurav Kumar and Sumit Bhowmik, Synthesis and Responsive Study of Tensile and Flexural Properties of Bamboo Filler Based Functionally Graded Composite. In: Biswal B., Sarkar B., Mahanta P. (eds) Advances in Mechanical Engineering. Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering. Springer, 2020.
- Singh, N. K., S. K. Kumar, S. K. S. N. Idury, K. K. Singh, and R. Jha. "Dynamic Compression Response of Porous Zirconium-Based Bulk Metallic Glass (Zr41Ti14Cu12. 5Ni10Be22. 5) Honeycomb: A Numerical Study." Structural Integrity of Additive Manufactured Materials and Parts: 308-321, 2020.
- Mishra, Manish Kumar, and Kailash Jha. "Algorithms of Minimal Number of Sensors Placement Using Pressure Sensitivity Analysis for Leak Detection in Pipe Network." In Water Management and Water Governance, pp. 393-412. Springer, Cham, 2021.
- Ravitej, Y. P., K. M. Chandrasekhar, H. Adarsha, and M. Veerachari. "Characterization of banana and E glass fiber reinforced hybrid epoxy composites." Materials Today: Proceedings, Elsevier, 2021.
- Madhu, G., K. M. Mrityunjaya Swamy, Durga Ajay Kumar, C. Durga Prasad, and U. Harish. "Evaluation of hot corrosion behavior of HVOF thermally sprayed Cr3C2-35NiCr coating on SS 304 boiler tube steel." In AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 2316, no. 1, p. 030014. AIP Publishing LLC, 2021.
- Anil, M. D., Vinayak B. Hemadri, and KM Mrityunjaya Swamy. "Stability, performance and emission analysis of single cylinder diesel engine fueled with water diesel emulsion as an alternate fuel." In AIP Conference Proceedings, vol. 2316, no. 1, p. 030030. AIP Publishing LLC, 2021.
- Singh, Amit Kumar, M. Ashok Kumar, Rahul Kumar, and M. Chandrasekaran. "Optimization of micro EDM parameters for fabrication of micro rod." Materials Today: Proceedings, 2021.
- Kumar, V. Dinesh, K. M. Mrityunjayaswamy, M. Chinnapandian, and Vinayak B. Hemadri. "Experimental determination on the performance and emission characteristics of delonix regia oil methyl ester and its blends on single cylinder diesel engine." Materials Today: Proceedings, 2021.
- Three faculties from the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Dr. Rammohan B, Prof. Sandeep and Prof. Ravitej receive a research grant of Rupees 10 lakh from Dassault Foundations.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering has received a CSR fund of rupees 5 lakh from BETA Simulations Solutions to carry out student club activities and research.
- Dr. Rammohan from the Department of Mechanical Engineering has received a research grant of Rupees 37.28 Lakhs from ARDB for a duration of two years for the project titled, “Active Flutter Suppression of Composite Wing Embedded with Shape Metal Alloys”.
- Dr. Viswanathan Rajan, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering has been sanctioned Rs. 20 Lakhs for his technical proposal titled, "Corrosion testing of fiber metal laminates using droplet cell microscopy" by Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) under Core Research Grant for the academic year 2020-2021
- Dsu-Seed Grant Projects Dr. Saravana bavan, Associate Professor & Mr. Raviteja, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering has been sanctioned for DSU-Seed Grant from Dayananda Sagar University, Bangalore for the academic year 2020-2021
- Webinar Guest Series Lectures on “Automotive Noise Vibration and Harshness ”
- One Week- National Workshop for Non-Teaching Faculty/Lab Instructors On “Engineering Graphics using AUTOCAD software”
- One Week- Faculty Development Programme- National Webinar On “Advanced Technologies in Materials & Manufacturing Engineering”
Consultancy & Industry Partnership:
- Dr. M.S.Rajagopal, Mr.Naveenkumar & Mr. Bharath had worked with Elcinotech Pvt Ltd in the course of Reverse Engg. & CFD for 6 Months and received amount of Rs. 70,000.00 for the academic year 2020-2021
- Mr. Vinayaka, DSU-Autodesk, Manager & Mr.Deepak, Assistant Professor had worked with M/s. Buhler in the course of Autocad & Fusion 360 Training for 4 weeks & 4 Batches and received amount of Rs.1,16,000.00 for the academic year 2020-2021