National Seminar on Targeted Cancer Therapy & Research – Sponsored and Organized by DSU
Research on cancer treatment therapies has always been challenging to the medical world. Though the new treatments are better than before, there is still a long way to go. Accordingly, there is a desperate need for the new treatments and advancement in the current therapies.
In order to encourage Pharmaceutical Sciences passionate researchers, Dayananda Sagar University is sponsoring and organizing a seminar in their campus. This national level seminar is in collaboration with Indian Council o Medical Research (ICMR) on “Targeted Cancer Therapy and Research – Advances and Challenges”.
Objectives of the National Seminar
- To provided details on the expectations of upcoming cancer therapies, that are more effective, reduced side effects and improve quality of life
- To enhance the knowledge & skills of participants by sharing multidisciplinary knowledge and expertise from scientists of different universities, research institutions and pharmaceutical industries
Scope of the Seminar
- Topics of the seminar include, but not limited to:
- Recent developments in targeted cancer therapy
- Development of nanoparticles for targeted delivery of Anticancer drugs
- Evolving targets in cancer therapy beyond Germ theory
- Cancer genetics and its role in targeted therapy
- Immuno-oncology Drug discovery: Fundamentals and progress
- Dr. C Ramachandra, Professor and Director of Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bengaluru, has expertise in surgical oncology.
- Dr. Vishal Rao from HCG Hospital, Bengaluru has expertise in head & neck surgery, which includes surgery for benign and malignant tumours.
- Dr. H. S. Savithri, Professor of Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru has expertise in Molecular Biology, Biotechnology and Cell Biology.
- Dr. Deepak Roshan from Malabar Cancer centre, Kannur, Kerala, is a skilled researcher in cancer genetics and cell signal-ing in cancer.
- Dr. Swagatam Ray is a principal Investigator at Biocon Bristol-Myers Squibb R&D Centre (BBRC) of Syngene International Ltd. Bengaluru.
Who Should Attend
- Students of B. Pharm., Pharm. D., M. Pharm.
- Research Scholars of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- The Staff of Pharmacy colleges and Pharmaceutical industries
Registration and Fees
- Student : Rs. 250/-
- Staff/ Industry : Rs. 300/-
- Spot Registration : Rs. 400/-
Date and Time:
29th August 2018 | 9:00 AM onwards
Dr. Premachandra Sagar Auditorium
Dayananda Sagar Institutions
Kumaraswamy Layout, Bengaluru-78