Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
Bachelors of Physiotherapy
- The purpose of this curriculum is to delineate the cognitive, affective and psychomotor skills deemed essential for completion of this program and to perform as a competent physiotherapist who will be able to examine, evaluate, diagnose, plan, execute and document physiotherapy treatment independently or along with the multidisciplinary team.
- At the completion of this course, the student is expected to evaluate patients for impairments and functional limitations and able to execute all routine physiotherapeutic procedures as per the evaluation.
- At the completion of this course, the student should be able to operate and maintain physiotherapy equipment used in treatment of patient, physiotherapy treatment planning (both electrotherapy and exercise therapy) & procedures independently.
- At the completion of this course, the student should be able to provide patient education about various physiotherapeutic interventions to the patient and care givers.
Masters of Physiotherapy
Learning Objectives: At the completion of this course, the student should be –
- Able to execute all routine physiotherapeutic procedures with evidence based practice.
- Able to be a prominent member of the multidisciplinary physiotherapy team and treat all the conditions which need physiotherapeutic procedures.
- Able to provide adequate knowledge about the treatment procedures and its benefit.
- Able to transfer knowledge and skills to students as well young professionals.
- Able to perform independent physiotherapy assessment and treatment for patients.
- Able to undertake independent research in the field of physiotherapy.
- Learn multidisciplinary practice skills.
- Able to practice and assess patient independently.
- On successful completion of M.P.T programme, the Physiotherapist professional will be able to take up physiotherapy teaching assignments independently for undergraduate teaching programme. He / She will be able to prepare project proposal with selected research design and interpret the evaluated outcome measures (using sound data processing techniques and statistical methods). He/she will be able to practice in his / her specialty area with advanced knowledge and skills.