Faculty Name: Mrs.REKHA S Designation : Assistant Professor Experience in Years:
- 6.5 yrs (Before PG)
- 10yrs (After PG)
Area of Interest:
- Development of Novel Chemical entities as future possible Anti-diabetic agents.
- Phytochemical and Pharmacological Investigations of medicinal plants.
- CADD & QSAR
I engage in the quest for academic knowledge and to take up and engage in research. I actively participate in academic affairs and enhance the knowledge of students by continuous learning. I am the part of an academic organization that facilitates to home my skills in the pursuit for knowledge. I am an asset to the organization and i will assist to the best of my abilities in the development of the Organization.
INTERNATIONAL/ NATIONAL JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- “Comparitive study and antimicrobial activities of alcoholic and aqueous extracts of eucalyptus globules” World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences.2016:5(9); 1678-1684.
- “Antioxidant activity of 5-(substituted benzylidene) thiazolidinedione derivatives” World Journal of Pharmaceutical research, 2017:6(9); 878-92.
- “Novel Substituted thiazolidinedione derivatives as anti-diabetic agents” European journal of pharmaceutical and medical research, 2017, 4 (9), 643-652.
- “Insilico Proportional Molecular Docking Study and Analysis of Insulinotropic Activity of TZD Derivatives by PPARγ Activation” Journal of Pharmaceutical science and research, 2017, Vol. 9(10), 1799-1808.
- “Comparitive antioxidant activity of three herbal extracts” World Journal of Pharmaceutical research, 2017:6(2); 1234-40.
- “Alcoholic and Aqueous Extract of Eucaluyptus Globules Posses Antimicrobial Activity and Antifungal Property Confined only to Alcoholic Extract” Research & reviews: a journal of pharmaceutical science.2016: 7(3); 26-29.
- “Anti fertility effect of ziziphus jujumba mill”. World journal of pharmaceutical sciences. 2014: 3(3); 1363-1370.
- “Antioxidant and antibacterial activities of thiazolidinedione derivatives” International Journal of Pharmaceutical science and Research 2014: 53(6); 421-428.
- “Antihelicobacter pylori activity of substituted benzothiazoles: In vitro study”. Asian journal of pharmaceutical and clinical reacearch. 2014: 7(1); 201-204.
- “Synthesis and in vitro antitumor evaluation of novel benzimidazole-schiff’s base conjugates” Contemporary investigations and observations in pharmacy 2013:2(3); 72-78.
- “Synthesis and Characterization of novel Benzimidazole derivatives and evaluation of their Anti bacterial activities”. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Letters 2013: Vol. 3 (1); 173-176.
- “Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of In-Vitro and In-Vivo anti inflammatory activity of novel benzimidazole derivatives” International journal of pharmacy & life sciences 2013:4(7): 147-152.
- “Synthesis, characterization and evaluation of microbial activity of some heterocyclic compounds containing benzothiazole moieties” Journal of Drug Discovery and Therapeutics 2013: 1 (5); 29-36.
- “Comparitive study of memory enhancing property of modafinil and cissampelos pariera in mice” Journal of Drug Discovery and Therapeutics 2013:1(5); 26-28.
- “Synthesis and evaluation of novel thiazolidinediones for anti diabetic activity” International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;2011: Vol. 3;113
- “Synthesis and evaluation of novel thiazolidinediones for anti inflammatory activity” International Research Journal of Pharmacy, 2011:2(9); 81-84.
- “Isolation, Identification and Characterization of endophytic fungi from moringa oleifera for the anti microbial activities” World journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences.2018; 8(1): 1181-1189.
- “Bacterial endophytes from moringa oleifera plant for the anti oxidant activity” International research journal of pharmacy.2019: 10(7): 127-30
- Presented a poster presentation on “Inhibitors of α- amylase by 5- (substituted benzylidene) thiazolidine-4-one-a possibility to treat diabetes mellitus type ii” at KLE College of Pharmacy, Belgaum on 26 and 27 October, 2018.
- Presented a poster presentation on “Novel substituted thiazolidine-4-one derivatives as Anti-diabetic agents” at T John College of Pharmacy, Bengaluru on 23 March, 2018.
- Participated in a Workshop with the theme “Molecular modelling” at at KLE College of Pharmacy, Belgaum on 15 October, 2018.
- Participated in a national seminar with the theme “New trends in drug metabolism & pharmacokinetics in preclinical research” Siddartha college of pharmaceutical sciences,Vijaywada on 24th-25th Apirl, 2019.
- Best poster award “Inhibitors of α- amylase by 5- (substituted benzylidene) thiazolidine-4-one-a possibility to treat diabetes mellitus type II” at KLE College of Pharmacy, Belgaum on 26 and 27 October, 2018.
GUEST TALK ORGANISED:
- “Carrer oppurtunities in Pharmaceutical industries” on 2/2/19 by Mr. Vidya sagar kannan, senior manager, Novartis and Mrs. Thawamani kotteswaran, HR manager, Novartis, Bangalore.
- “Recent trends in Pharma industries” on 6/8/2019 by Dr. Basavaraj K nanjwad, Principal Scientist, Trroyn life sciences, Bangalore.
Life time membership from Society of Pharmaceutical sciences & research ( SPER)