Faculty Name: Dr Vaishnavi Naik Designation : Assistant Professor Experience in Years: 4 Years Area of Interest:
- Clinicalpharmacy Pharmacoeconomics, Patient counselling Clinical, Community pharmacy, Geriatric Pharmacy & Clinical research studies
Dr Vaishnavi Naik,Assistant professor Pharmacy practice,she has total 4 years of experience in Teaching / Research experience and one year Industrial pharmacovigilance experience. She has total 20 international /National Publications to her credit and has presented papers at various international conferences (FIP, ACPE,DUPHAT&IPC).She has contributed for book chapter of Fundamentals of Pharmaceutical Care.She has been an abstract reviewer/Evaluator for the national/ international conferences ISPOR Conferences. She has guided two Pharm.D projects.
Training and scholarship:
I have been selected to participate in the training programme on community pharmacy in Alberta Calgary ,Canada by FIP pharmabridge program from 4th April to 4Th may 2018.
International federation of pharmaceutical congress FIP 2011 ,Hyderabad India presented poster on The evaluation of status and compliance of regulatory and desirable labeling information in Proprietary Ayurveda medicine.http://www.fip.org/abstracts?page=abstracts&action=item&item=6354
- co-author in 2012| International Conference on Global Health and Crisis Communication | June 19 – 21 | Eskisehir , turkey . http://hcc.anadolu.edu.tr/HCC_PROGRAM.pdf
- volunteer for 62nd Indian pharmaceutical congress IPC 2010 Manipal ,Karnataka India
- Attended Indian Hospital pharmacy association IHPA ,2011 Manipal ,Karnataka India
- Participated in the International workshop on Epidemiology and Biostatistics of OHIO State university USA conducted in Manipal university ,Manipal ,Karnataka India
- Presented Poster as co-author on A Survey on Public awareness and responsiveness regarding BMI and body weight management among public in a community in IPC CHENNAI 2012 December http://www.scientificipca.org/Forms/acceptedpapers.aspx?post=I.
- Oral Presentation in the National Workshop On “Conducting Population Based Clinical Outcomes Research organized by KSPOR. And ISPOR ,Karnataka Regional chapter MCPOS ,Manipal, Manipal University.
- Volunteer for the workshop on Revised National Tuberculosis control program (RNTCPI) Manipal 2012
- Worked as co-author in the poster presentation in the DUPHAT 2O13 Conference onA Survey of health care consumers and patients on Medicines Safety and Medicine Usage in community pharmacy.
- Recipient of scholarship for Presenting Poster on study of prescribing patterns of Anti-hypertensive and Anti-diabetics drugs in tertiary care hospital at ACPE 8th Asian conference Hong Kong October 2013.
- Participated and undergone a „Pharmacovigilance and Vigiflow „training Programme organized by the Department of Pharmacology , Kasturba Medical College , Manipal University ,Manipal 0n 18th September 2013.
- Attended the Half-Day Workshop on BMJ case Reports Organized by the SEARCH –The Health sciences Library and Department Library and Information science , Kasturba Medical College , Manipal University in association with BMJ publishing group on 25th June 2013.
- Recipient of student travel grant scholarship to attend ISPOR Dublin, Ireland 16thEuropean congress November2-November 2013.
- Participated as Resource Person in the workshop on Clinical Skills for PharmD students on 6-7 January 2014 Organized by Department of Pharmacy Practice, Manipal college of Pharmaceutical sciences, Manipal University.
- Swapna Satheendran, Vaishnavi Naik, Anantha Naik Nagappa. Beginning of The End of The Blockbuster Era. . The Pharma Review. 2012. November-December. 152-164.
- Vaishnavi Naik, Swapna Satheendran, Anantha Naik Nagappa. Patient Centered Care New Horizons in Clinical Trials and Drug Development. The Pharma Review. 2012. July - August; 52-64.
- Anantha Naik Nagappa, Asim Priyendu, Uday Venkat Mateti, Swapna S, Vaishnavi Naik. Impact of Compulsory Licensing on Indian Generic Drug Industry. The Pharma Review. 2013. Mar-Apr; 6164.
- AN Nagappa, Vaishnavi Naik. Enigma of epigenetic: The medicine for tomorrow. Pharmabiz 2011.November 25. Available : http://pharmabiz.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?aid=66227&sid=9
- Vaishnavi Naik, Ramakrishna A, Sahithi D, AN Nagappa. Quality of Information on Medicine Labels and Packages. IJCP 2012.
- Vaishnavi Naik, Varsha A Prabhu, Rajesh V, Surulivel Rajan M, Shastry BA, Kavitha S. Ethambutol induced exfolitative dermatitis . Asian J Pharm Hel. Sci 2013. 3(3); 741-42.
- Vaishnavi Naik and Uday Mateti ;Principles of Collaborations Care Practice in Fundamentals of Pharmaceutical Care ,Eds N.Udupa and AN Nagappa, ISBN :978-81-7286-741-6.Publishers : Prism book private limited Bangalore -70, 2014.
- A survey on medicines safety and usage in community pharmacy, J.Basic.Clin.Pharma,2014 5(5),PP 24-25
- Prescription pattern of psychotropic drugs , world journal of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences, 2015,vol 4 issue04,725-730.
- Anantha Naik Nagappa, Kavya H B, Vinuth Chikkamath and Vaishnavi Naik. Brand V/S Generic- Value based pricing for pharmaceuticals in India. JOJ Case Stud.2017;4(3):1-6.
- Vinuth chikkmath, Vaishnavi Naik,Sucharitha and Anantha Naik Nagappa.Advance in therapeutics of Celiac Diseases.JOJ case studies 2017 .
- Vinuth Chikkamath , Vaishnavi Naik , Sucharitha and Ananth Naik NagappaThe role of probiotics, Prebiotics and Synbiotics on Human Health and Disease –A Review .
- Anantha Naik Nagappa, Vaishnavi Naik, Adarsh Tiwari. Alternative medicine-is it really alternative, Emergency medicine and critical care ,2019 (09-12).
- Anantha Naik Nagappa,Neenu Thomas, Vaishnavi Naik, Impact of medicine on economic ,clinical and health related outcomes ,EC emergency medicine and critical care ,2019 (629-632).
- Anantha Naik Nagappa,Vinuth Chikkamath, Vaishnavi Naik, Roles of skills for clinical,Hospitaland community pharmacist in pharmaceutical care, Pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences ,2018,6 (2).
- Vaishnavi Naik , sucharithra et all, Pit falls in health care delivery ,Time to switch to collaborative care, Juniper online Journal of case studies ,2018.
- Anantha Naik Nagappa,Vinuth chikkamath ,Vaishnavi Naik et al, Practice of community and clinical pharmacy –Need for the society, Juniper online Journal of case studies ,2019 (4).
- Anantha Naik Nagappa, Ramesh Banset, Vaishnavi Naik et al.Biogenerics and biobetters v/s chemical based drugs –comparative disclosure ,MOJ Bioequivalence& Bioavailability 2018 volume 5 issue3.
- Anantha Naik Nagappa, shevthank Bhatt, Asim priyendu, Vaishnavi Naik, Health outcomes in patients prescribed with prophylactic antibiotic: A retrospective observational study, Sage publication, 2019.
- Vaishnavi Naik et al Challenges and opportunities in health care delivery in 2030 Pharmabiz 2019