Virtual Lab - Workshop by E & C Engineering Department, DSU
Department of Electronics and Communication, School of Engineering, Dayananda Sagar University is conducting Virtual Lab workshop in association with Virtual Lab team of IIT Roorkee. Physical distance and limited equipments availability had always been a challenge for students and scholars to conduct sophisticated experiments.
The education giant IIT Roorkee have addressed this challenge by setting up a virtual lab that also provides complete learning management system tools, web-resources, video – lectures, animated demonstration and self evaluation. Virtual labs can be used to complement physical labs in universities and users can perform experiments remotely, on –demand service through a broad band internet connection and computer. Hundreds of students and universities are taking advantage of this virtual lab at www.vlab.co.in.
School of Engineering of Dayananda Sagar University, is one such university to take advantage and be a part of this virtual labs of IIT Roorkee and help their students and research scholars.
Date and Time:
5th and 6th April | 10 AM – 1.30 PM
School of Engineering
Dayananda Sagar University,
Block A, Innovation Campus
Kudlu Gate, Bangalore – 68
Objectives of the workshop:
- To provide remote-access to Labs in various disciplines of Science and Engineering. These Virtual Labs would cater to students at the undergraduate level, post graduate level as well as to research scholars.
- To enthuse students to conduct experiments by arousing their curiosity. This would help them in learning basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation.
- To provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students can avail the various tools for learning, including additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self-evaluation.
- To share costly equipment and resources, which are otherwise available to limited number of users due to constraints on time and geographical distances.
Departments of engineering can be greatly benefitted:
- Electronics & Communications
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Biotechnology and Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences