Faculty Name: Dr. MANJULA D Designation : Assistant Professor Experience in Years: 15 Area of Interest:
- Transdermal drug delivery system
- Liposomes as drug carrier
Dr. Manjula D started her carrier in academics as lecturer in 2005 at V.L. College of Pharmacy, Raichur, Karnataka, upto Feb 2008. She continued her carrier in Dayananda Sagar College of Pharmacy from Feb 2008 to till date. She has been appointed as NSS co-coordinator by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru in 2009. To her honour she has received grants from Vision Group on Science and Technology under “Seed Money To Young Scientist For Research” in 2010. She holds Ph.D in pharmaceutics on transdermal applications of various drugs, from Rajiv Gandhi University Of Health Sciences, Bengaluru in 2016.
International/National Journal Publications
- Shanaz Banu, Josephine Leno Jenita J, Manjula DandPremakumari KB.Pharmacognostical Studies and Isolation of an alkaloid from Barleriacristata Linn. rootsResearch Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. 2020; 13(1): 13-16.
- Manjula D, J. Josephine Leno Jenita, K B Prema Kumari and Shanaz Banu. Formulation and evaluation of flaxseed hair gel: A natural hair tamer. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry. 2018; 8(3): 487-491.
- J. Josephine Leno Jenita, Manjula D, Shanaz Banu, Zahid Siddiq MA and B. Wilson. Investigation of Naproxen compression coated tablets using polysaccharides as carriers for oral based site specific delivery to colon. World Journal Of Pharmacy And Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018; 7(6): 1283-1297.
- Venkateswara RVS, Venkat RN, Shanta Kumar SM, Manjula D. Application of permeation enhancer in different modes and their effect on in vitro permeation of ketoprofen across excised rat abdominal skin. Int. J Res Pharma Chem. 2017; 7(4): 378-381.
- Shanaz Banu, Ashok Babu VL, Josephine Leno Jenita J, Premakumari KB and Manjula D. Preliminary phytochemical screening and evaluation of anti-inflammatory activity of methanolic extract of Barleria Cristata Linn. Roots in experimental animals. Der Pharma Chemica. 2017; 9(2): 13-16.
- Manjula D, Shabaraya AR, Somashekar S. Transdermal delivery of fenoprofen: Preparation, evaluation and in vitro release. World J Pharm Sci. 2015; 4(1): 1142-1153.
- Manjula D, Shabaraya AR, Somashekar S. Topical delivery of fenoprofen proliposomes: Preparation, evaluation and in vitro release. Int J Pharm Sci Inv. 2014; 8 (3): 6-12.
- Manjula D, Shabaraya AR, Somashekar S. Formulation, characterization and in vitro release of proliposomes for topical delivery of aceclofenac. J. Pharm. Res. 2014; 8(5): 674-679.
- Manjula D, Shabaraya AR, Srikanth P, Suma R . Design and evaluation of transdermal films containing ketoprofen for the treatment of arthritis. J. Drug. Del. Therapeutics. 2012; 2(4): 117-121.
- Manjula D, Shabaraya AR, Somashekar S, Jenita JL. Preparation and evaluation of monolithic transdermal therapeutic systems containing fenoprofen for the treatment of arthritis. Int. J.Pharma. Sci. Res. Rev. 2012; 13(2): 61-65.
- Jenita JL, Madhusudhan NT, Wilson B, Manjula D, Savitha BK. Formulation and characterization of ritonavir loaded ethyl cellulose microspheres for oral delivery. World. J.Pharm.Sci. 2012; 1(2): 207-215.
- Suma R, Satish CS, Jenita JL, Manjula D. Preparation and in-vitro evaluation of repaglinide floating oral delivery system. Res. J. Pharm. Dosage Forms. Tech. 2010; 2(4): 284-289.
- Lokmatha KM, Manjula D, Shantha Kumar SM, Rama Rao N. Preparation and evaluation of muco adhesive micro capsules of fluobiprofen for oral controlled release. Res. Pharm. Dos. Forms. and Tech. 2010; 2(3): 247-254.
- Lokamatha Swamy KM,., Satyanath B, Shantakumar SM, Manjula D, Hafsa M, Ayesha F. Matrix embedded microspherules containing indometracin as controlled drug delivery systems. Curr. Drug. del. 2008; 5: 248.
Publications in Conference Proceedings (National and International):
- Manjula D,Priya BK, Jenita JJL. Transdermal delivery of an effective NSAID for pain management in arthritis. Paper presented at National Conference on Drug Delivery in Pharmaceutical Translational Research. 23rd November 2019, held at Karnataka College of Pharmacy, Bengaluru.
- Afreen S.M., Manjula D., Josephine Leno Jenita J, Mohammed Umer, Wilson B.. Formulation and evaluation of nutritional formulation by ICP-OES (inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectroscopy) technique to combat malnutrition. Oral presentation at JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore on March 14th to 16th 2019.
- Manjula D., Josephine Leno Jenita J. Formulation and evaluation of flaxseed hair gel: A natural hair tamer. Poster presentation at JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore on April 12th and 13th 2018.
- Manjula D, Shabaraya AR, Somashekar S. Topical delivery of fenoprofen proliposomes: Preparation, evaluation and in vitro release. Poster presentation at IPA, August 8th, 2014, held at NIMHANS, Bangalore.
- Sravani A, Jenita JL, Wilson B, Manjula D. Formulation and in vitro evaluation of floating microparticulate carrier for an anti-diabetic drug. Oral paper presented at ICCSEM, September 26th and 27th, 2013, held at Bangalore.
- Manjula D, Shabaraya AR, Somashekar S, Jenita JL. Development and evaluation of fenoprofen transdermal patches. Oral paper presented at 4th International conference, PESCP, July 20th and 21st 2012, held at Bangalore.
- Manjula D, Somashekar S, Shantha Kumar SM. Preparation and formulation studies of aceclofenac and liposomes as carrier. Paper presented at 2nd International conference, PESCP, August 20th and 21st 2010, held at Bangalore.
- Lokmatha KM, Manjula D, Shantha Kumar SM, Rama Rao N, Somashekar S. Preparation and evaluation of muco adhesive microcapsules of fluobiprofen. Paper presented at 1st International conference, PESCP, November 19-21 2009, held at Bangalore.
- Manjula D, Somashekar S. Design and evaluation of transdermal films containing ketoprofen. Paper presented at ICPPS & IPA, March 14th and 15th 2009, held at Delhi.