Faculty Name: Dr.K.B.PREMAKUMARI Designation : Assistant Professor Experience in Years: 13.9 Area of Interest:
- Analytical & Bioanalytical method development and validation using modern analytical techniques.
- Chemometrics Assisted Analytical methods.
Dr. K.B.Premakumari started her teaching career as a Lecturer in 2006 at Vivekananda College of Pharmacy, Bangalore. She worked as a research associate at Quest Life Sciences in 2007. She continued her carrier in Dayananda Sagar College of Pharmacy from July 2008 to till date. To her honour she has received research grants from RGUHS for the year 2015-16. She is awarded Ph.D in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bengaluru, in 2019. She has published many research papers in various national and international journals and presented papers at various national and international conferences. She received best poster award in 1st Pharmaceutical Sciences Congress, at Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru, in 2017. Her areas of research include analytical method development and validation of pharmaceutical formulation using various analytical instruments and Chemometrics assisted analytical methods on pharmaceuticals.
International/National Journal Publications
- Premakumari KB, Mahesh AR, Murugan V. Simultaneous estimation of Paracetamol and Zaltoprofen in Pharmaceutical dosage form by HPTLC accepted in Research Journal of Pharmacy and Technology. Research J. Pharm. and Tech. 2019;12(5):2075-2078.
- Sofiqul Islam, Murugan V and Premakumari KB. Development and Validation of a Liquid Chromatographic method for the Quantification of related compounds in Cyclophosphamide. Pharmaceutica Analytica Acta. 2018;9(9):1-4.
- Ramachandran, Murugan V, Premakumari KB. Development of Analytical method for separation and Quantification of Cysteine HCl Monohydrate followed by validation with total error concept by UPLC with pre column derivatization. Journal of Chromatography Separation Techniques. 2018;9(4):1-6.
- Premakumari KB, Sandhyavali MS and Murugan V. Chemometrics assisted simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of Alogliptin and Metformin in Pharmaceutical dosage form. World Journal of Pharmaceutical research. 2018;7(7):1269-79.
- Manjula D, J. Josephine Leno Jenita, K B Prema Kumari and Shanaz Banu. Formulation and evaluation of flaxseed hair gel: A natural hair tamer. International Journal of Research in Pharmacy and Chemistry. 2018; 8(3): 487-491.
- Premakumari KB, Murugan V. Simultaneous determination of Paracetamol, Aceclofenac and Chlorzoxazone in pharmaceutical dosage form by UHPLC method. Journal of Chromatography & Separation Techniques. 2017;8(5):1-5.
- Shanaz Banu, Ashoka Babu VL, Josephine Leno Jenita J, Premakumari KB, Manjula D. Preliminary Phytochemical screening and Evaluation of Anti-Inflammatory Activity of methanolic Extract of Barleria cristata Linn.Roots in Experimental Animals. Der Pharma Chemica. 2017;9(2):13-16.
- Premakumari KB, Murugan V. Simultaneous estimation of Loteprednol etabonate and Gatifloxacin in pharmaceutical dosage form by UHPLC method. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences. 2016;11(4):82-87.
- Premakumari KB, Murugan V. Development and Validation of HPTLC Method for the simultaneous Estimation of Gatifloxacin and Loteprednol Etabonate in Pharmaceutical Dosage Form. American journal of pharmtech research.2015;5(2):566-73.
- Premakumari KB, Murugan V, Nargund LVG. Simultaneous Spectrophotometric Estimation of Loteprednol Etabonate and Gatifloxacin in Bulk and Ophthalmic Formulation. International Journal for Pharmaceutical Research Scholars. 2014;3(2):482-90.
- Josephine Leno Jenita, Yathish M, Wilson B, Premakumari KB. Formulation and evaluation of microparticles containing Curcumin for colorectal cancer. Journal of Drug Delivery and Therapeutics. 2012;2(3):125-28.
- Shanaz Banu, Arunachalam G, Jayaveera K N, Ashok Babu V, Premakumari KB. Estimation of total phenolic content and invitro antioxidant activity of Barleria Montana.. Der Pharmacia Lettre, 2011;3(4):178-82.
- Vithya T, Kavimani V, Rajkapoor B, Premakumari KB, Alhasjajiju. Antioxidant activity and estimation of total phenolic content of Gyrocarpus Asiaticus by colorimetry. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2011;4(9):3153-4.
- Josephine Leno Jenita, Madhusudhan NT, Wilson B, Vithya T, Premakumari KB. Formulation and characterization of ritonavir loaded polymethacrylate microspheres for oral delivery. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2011;4(7):2159-61.
- Ayesha siddiqua, Premakumari KB, Rokeya S, Vithya T, Savitha BK. Antioxidant activity and estimation of total phenolic contents of muntigia calabura By colorimetry. International Journal of Chemtech Research. 2010;2(1):205-8.
- Premakumari KB, Ayesha Siddiqua, Shanaz Banu, Josephine Leno Jenita and Bincy Raj. Comparative anti-microbial studies of methanolic extract of Muntingia calabura, Bacillus alba and Bacillus rubra leaves. Research J. Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2010;2(3):246-48.
- ShrikumarSapna, Seena H, Jainendrakumar B, Premakumari KB, Ravi T K. Estimation of Mycotoxins and their studies in regular & decaffeinated tea samples by HPTLC. The Indian Pharmacist. 2007;6(56):69-73.
- Ramachandra Reddy A, Murugan V, Premakumari KB. Simultaneous determination of Kynurenine, Fumaric acid and Pyroglutamic acid as degradation products in aminoacids formulations accepted in RJPT.
Publications in conference proceedings (National and International):
- Premakumari KB, Shrikumar Sapna, Ravi TK. A new & simple HPLC method for standardization of commercial raw material and its herbal formulation. II National convention held in SRIPMS, Coimbatore on 4th March, 2006.
- Premakumari KB, Ayesha Siddiqua, Rokeya S, Vithya T, Savitha BK. Antioxidant activity and estimation of total phenolic content of Muntingia calabura. I International conference held in PES College of Pharmacy, Bangalore on 19th -21st November, 2009.
- Premakumari KB, Nishith, Sandhyavali M.S. Development and validation of Ranolazine by RP-HPLC. 5th Annual Karnataka Science and Technology Academy Conference held in Dayananda Sagar Institutions, Bangalore on 19th, 20th December, 2012.
- Premakumari KB, Murugan V, Nargund LVG. Simultaneous spectrophotometric estimation of Loteprednol etabonate and Gatifloxacin in pharmaceutical dosage forms. International Conference on Convergence of science, Engineering and Management in Education and Research - A Global Perspective held in Dayananda Sagar College of Pharmacy, Bangalore on 26-27th September, 2013.
- Premakumari KB, Murugan V. Development and validation of HPTLC method for the simultaneous estimation of Gatifloxacin and Loteprednol etabonate in pharmaceutical dosage form. The Indian Pharmaceutical Association held in NIMHANS Convention, Bangalore on 8th August, 2014.
- Premakumari KB, Murugan V. RP-UHPLC development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of Gatifloxacin and Loteprednol etabonate in pharmaceutical formulation. International conference in PES College of Pharmacy, Bangalore on 17 & 18 October 2015.
- Premakumari KB, Murugan V. RP-UHPLC method development and validation of Paracetamol, Aceclofenac and Chlorzoxazone in pharmaceutical dosage form. 67th Indian Pharmaceutical congress, Mysuru on 19-21st December 2015.
- Premakumari KB, Murugan V. RP-UPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of Paracetamol and Zaltoprofen in combined dosage form at 1st Pharmaceutical Sciences Congress, Bengaluru on 18 & 19th March 2017.
- Premakumari KB, Murugan V. RP-UHPLC method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of Moxifloxacin and Loteprednol etabonate in pharmaceutical dosage form. UGC sponsored seminar on Emerging trends in pharmaceutical and life sciences at Anantapura on 26 & 27th August 2017.
- Premakumari KB, Murugan V. RP-UHPLC for the simultaneous estimation of Paracetamol and Tolpersione in combined dosage form. International Conference at Krupanidhi college, Bengaluru on 12-13th October 2018.
- Received Research Grants from RGUHS for Reseach Project.
- Secured Best poster Award in 1st Pharmaceutical Sciences Congress, at Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru on 18 & 19th March 2017.