COLLEGE OF JOURNALISM & MASS COMMUNICATION - Vision, Mission and Goals
To promote free and balanced flow of news, opinion and entertainment across the communication networks to build a more discerning and democratized society.
To create a new class of modern media professionals by blending theory and practice with universal human values and to promote new media skills that enable them to pursue opportunities in the convergence era.
- Upgrade and strengthen academic programme/s to enhance student skills and to enable them to contribute to media industry that is set for digital transformation.
- Build student capacities with greater industry simulation. Specifically, explore setting up in-house agencies catering to the professional advertising, public relations and research needs of the community. Primarily, these agencies will provide early job support to graduating students and encourage entrepreneurship.
- Organize lecture series for public good by eminent and internationally recognized individuals. This is meant to foster understanding of universal challenges. Besides raising awareness, it will generate positive and appropriate responses to emerging needs of the nation.
- Develop capacities to detect fake news, thereby enabling the community to access verified data and information.
- Start a Centre for Graphic Design with the support of University’s industry partners to enhance creative options of students.
- Make a foray into funded research and PG programmes.
- Continue to encourage industry professionals to spend a semester at the college thereby generating greater industry-readiness amongst students.
- Forge ties with reputed universities abroad to foster knowledge exchange through twinning programmes and, student and faculty exchange.
- Design and offer joint certificate, diploma and postgraduate programme/s with industry partners.
- Lay a bedrock for expansion into new areas like research, entertainment, digital news and integrated marketing communications that enable students pursue diverse career options.